The goals of the Food products quality cluster are
- to develop co-operation of non-interconnected entrepreneurs, research, education and other institutions, thus furthering competitiveness of industries and entrepreneurs, growth of export volumes as well as innovations and development of new products;
- to stimulate innovative activity by promoting sharing of facilities and exchange of knowledge and expertise and by contributing effectively to knowledge transfer, networking, information dissemination and collaboration among the undertakings and other organisations in the cluster.
Lines of activity
- Improving quality of food products and furthering consumption of highest quality foods
- Furthering public awareness of the cluster and its employees, marketing activities.
- Co-operation with institutions of education and science (also in the field of education quality of graduates of professional and higher education institutions).
- Increasing efficiency and competitiveness of delivery chains on both local and export markets.
In co-operation with foreign partners / organisations, the Food products quality cluster is interested in:
- carrying out joint export activities to third countries;
- carrying out joint research on developing new products and technologies;
- exchanging experience to improve the competitiveness and global positions of the food sector and sub-sectors (such as milk, meat);
- participating in regional activities;
- participating in cluster cooperation programmes;
- developing cross-sectorial cooperation.
So far the Food products quality cluster has accomplished the following:
- organised 326 business meetings with foreign companies for 28 Latvian food producers;
- organised Latvian food producer group visits to 15 countries – as a result, more than 50 food product deliveries were made to export markets;
- carried out research on improving food product packaging and on extending the food product expiration date – as a result, new products have been introduced;
- developed the National Quality guidelines to support the production of quality products.